Bi-Weekly Announcements 11-14-14
Vehicle Maintenance Information
Metro Magazine Article: Preventing Bus Fires (Oct. 2014) (Website)
Easter Seals: Lifts, Ramps & Securements: Common Issues & Best Practice Solutions (10/29) (PDF)
To listen to the play-back recording, click on this link (download blackboard playback).
RMTD: Vehicle Maintenance Workshop Preventative Maintenance (PMI) Sheets (2013) – Thanks to RTAC & Dan Engelkes from Rockford MTD!
Meeting Reminder, & Statewide Calendar Update
Meeting Reminder: HSTP Region 8 December 11th at 10 a.m.
Location: Developmental Services Center (DSC) Building
1304 West Bradley Avenue, Champaign, IL 61821
PCOM Webinar Materials (11/13) (PowerPoint)
Transportation Plan Template (Word)
Webinar Recording (YouTube)
Call Summary (PDF)- Next PCOM Webinar will be in January.
Marketing Plan Checklist (Word): described on the call.
Public Transportation Service Plan Presentation (PowerPoint)
Statewide RTAC & HSTP Event Calendar (11/10) (PDF)
Weekly this is updated by RTAC’s Carol Montague.
SURTC Oct. 2014 Report – Evaluating the State of Mobility Management & Human Service Transportation Coordination(Website)
- Executive Summary (PDF)
USDOT: Private Sector Participation Provisions of MAP-21 Online Dialogue (Ending 11/26) (Website)
RTAP: National Rural Technical Assistance Program eNews (11/3) (RTAP Website)
- Final Section 5311 Circular Published (FTA Website)
- Notice of Funding Availability for the Innovative Public Transportation Workforce Development Program (Ladders of Opportunity). Proposals due on December 23rd for initiatives promoting employment transportation. (PDF)
- New Certs & Assurances Published Online (PDF)\
CTAA: CT Fast Mail Newsletter (11/3) (Website)
- Transit Planning 4 All Webinar: Garnering the Support of a Diverse Range of Stakeholders in Human Services Coordination(11/18 at 2 p.m. CST)
- Registration Link (Online Form)
RTAP: National Rural Technical Assistance Program eNews (11/13) (Website)
- 101 ADA Customer Service & Compliance for Rural Transit Operators (12/10, 1:30 p.m. CST) (Registration link)
- ADA Proposed Circular Amendment 2 available for review. Comment by January 12, 2015.
IDOT Press Release – Vehicle Crashes Involving Deer Still Declining (11/12) (PDF)
Still Stay Alert! Approximately 40-50% of all accidents involving deer in a typical year occur during the months of October, November, and December: with November being the highest-risk month.
United Access – November Newsletter (11/12) (PDF)
Community Events & Info
IEMA’s Press Release – Winter Weather Preparedness Month (Word)
Norris Newsletter (Nov. 2014)
A list of new and ongoing funding opportunities through foundation grants.
University of Illinois Extension Newsletter – November is Diabetes Awareness Month (PDF)
Age Options – Fraud Alert Newsletter (11/7)(PDF)
IEMA Handout – Ebola Quick-Reference for Law Enforcement (PDF)